A staple in my house, this recipe doesn’t include any refined sugar and is primarily fruit and chia seeds. I have this healthy jelly on hand for quick almond or peanut butter sandwiches, to mix into plain yogurt or put on top of pancakes. My picky eater is a big fan!
Magic Strawberry Raspberry Chia Jelly Recipe (makes 1.5 cups)
3.5 cups of frozen berries ( you can experiment with different combos, I like strawberry and raspberry )
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. chia seeds
Zest from one orange ( optional )
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Powder
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
squeeze of fresh lemon
1. Combine berries, orange zest, salt and maple syrup in a small pot and bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook for 6 – 7 minutes until the berries become soft and liquifies.
2. Reduce the heat slightly and if needed mash the berries in the post with a potato masher.
3. Add the Chia seeds and stir well to combine. Simmer on low for about 10 minutes or until the jelly has thickened ( stir every few minutes ).
4. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients: Vanilla Powder, Vanilla Extract and lemon juice.
5. Cool in the fridge uncovered.
6. Store in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for 2 months. ( make sure jelly is cooled before freezing so you don’t get ice crystals)