This Watermelon “pizza” recipe is one of my go-to summer snacks. It’s an easy and fun way to get your kids to eat fruit and yogurt and takes advantage of the amazing summer fruit available. Decorating the pizza is also a kid-friendly activity that I let my son in on (as long as he doesn’t eat all the blueberries first).
Side Note – Be sure to use a chilled watermelon or refrigerate immediately afterwards so the yogurt doesn’t get runny.
Ingredients (6 Servings):
-1 chilled seedless watermelon
-1 cup of greek yogurt
-1/4 cup of blueberries cut in half
-1/4 cup of raspberries
-1/4 cups of sliced strawberries
-1 tablespoon honey
-2 apricots – thinly sliced
-small handful of fresh mint leaves
1. Slice your watermelon in half down the middle.
2. Use one half of the watermelon and lay it flat side down onto a cutting board.
3. Slice a 1.5” round from the watermelon to serve as the base of the “pizza.” Place it on a round serving plate.
4. Generously coat the watermelon half with the greek yogurt to create a base for the fruit toppings.
5. Layer the berries and fruit slices on top of the greek yogurt.
6. Top with mint leaves and drizzle with honey.
7. Slice into 6 pieces and serve
8. OPTIONAL – Use popsicle sticks or short bamboo sporks to help little fingers hold onto their slice.