Finding healthy popsicles that have more then just sugar and food coloring can be challenging. These popsicles use frozen bananas as the base and are topped with dehydrated fruit and nuts with chia and hemps seeds snuck in for some extra nutrition. If the kids don’t eat them, parents certainly will.
Ingredients (Makes 6 Servings):
-6 mini bananas ( if you can’t find mini bananas, use three normal bananas cut in half )
-1.5 cups of full fat yogurt
-Toppings – can be a range of any dehydrated fruit mixed with sliced nuts, chia or hemp seeds. I used three varieties in the photos. Try all three or pick a favorite but triple the amount below. Overall you will need about 2 cups of toppings for 6 servings.
-Raspberry, blueberry, hemp: 1/4 cup hemp seeds, 1/4 cup dehydrated raspberry and 1/4 cup dehydrated blueberry – crushed and mixed together
-Chia, Coconut, Persimmon: 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips and 1/4 cup dehydrated persimmon – crushed and mixed together
-Almond, Strawberry, Mango: 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup dehydrated strawberry and 1/4 cup dehydrated mango – crushed and mixed together
-6 Popsicle Sticks or small wooden spoons
-Small baking sheet covering in parchment paper.
1. Peel your bananas and insert a popsicle stick halfway into the banana, leaving out a small handle. Set sside.
2. Get your toppings ready, crushing the ingredients and mixing well. Set aside on a small plate.
3. Place mixed toppings on a small plate.
4. Fill your mug with the yogurt.
5. Dip one of the bananas into the yogurt mixture and then roll into the toppings. Set aside on the lined baking tray.
6. Repeat with the remaining bananas.
7. Freeze until the bananas are frozen, about 2 hours.
8. Serve when frozen!