Magical Grilled Veggie wands! I am always looking for creative ways to get my son to eat more vegetables. These grilled veggie skewers make zucchinis look a little more exciting to a toddler and are an easy recipe to bring to a summer BBQ.
Ingredients (Makes 6 Skewers):
-1 medium zucchini
-1 medium yellow squash
-1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
-2 purple carrots
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Olive oil for grilling
– 1” cookie cutters in star and/or heart shapes
– 6 bamboo skewers
– Vegetable peeler
1. Slice the zucchini and squash into 1/2” rounds.
2. Peel the carrots lengthwise to form carrot ribbons and set aside.
3. Using the small cookie cutters cut out about 18 shapes from the zucchini and squash rounds.
4. Skewer the vegetables alternating between tomatoes, zucchini, squash and carrot ribbons ( using a shape about every 4th vegetable )
5. Brush with olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Grill on a BBQ for 1 min instead or until all of the vegetables are softened.