Your little one won’t know veggies are one of the main ingredient in these breakfast cupcakes! I make these with gluten-free flour and sometimes double the recipe and freeze half. Sweetened with maple syrup and shredded pear, I don’t feel guilty if I eat half by myself.
Zucchini Breakfast Cupcakes – Serves 6
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup grated pear or apple
1.5 cups grated Zuchinni
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1.5 cups gluten free flour
3/4 cups almond meal
1/4 cups gluten free oats
1/8 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven to 300’
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, shredded pear, eggs and Zucchini
3. Then add vanilla, baking soda, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon
4. Add remaining dry ingredients – almond meal, GF flour and oats
5. Mix everything until well combined
6. Use a small icecream scoop and scoop into paper lined silicon muffin molds. I used 2” mini muffin mold for tiny hands
7. Bake for 35- 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Serve plain and warm or top with Greek yogurt “frosting” and sprinkles.